All UW–Madison academic programs are required to complete and submit an annual assessment report to the Office of the Provost.
Below you will find instructions for how to:
- Submit reports via the online HelioCampus Assessment and Credentialing (formerly AEFIS) portal
- Access saved or submitted reports
- Print and export reports
Steps to Submit a Report
Complete the downloadable Annual Assessment Report Worksheet (MS Word).
In Google Chrome, navigate to aefis.wisc.edu to view your dashboard (do not use Firefox or Safari as there are known technical issues with those browsers).
Upon logging in, on the right-hand alert bar, approved submitters will see a message to complete an assessment report for a specific major or certificate program.
Select the blue pencil icon next to the program for which you are submitting report information.
- If you do not see an alert message for your program, or you do not see the program for which you are submitting a report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy your program chair requesting permission to be added as an assessment report submitter.
- If you are submitting a report for more than one program, make sure to save or complete/submit the report for one program before moving on to the next.
Enter the required demographic information. The following fields are required:
- Name of administrative (academic) unit (e.g., department)
- Email address
- If you are not the department chair/director or director of graduate studies (DGS), provide name of department chair/director or DGS who designated you to submit the report
The program’s learning outcomes (as they currently appear in Guide) will be listed. Select the blue check box to the left of the outcome assessed to expand the questions.
Answer all of the questions that are presented, which will include:
- What type of assessment was conducted? Select either direct assessment or indirect assessment. You may opt to select both if you are describing two different assessment activities that apply to the same group of students (e.g., student responses on an essay question were evaluated using a rubric and the students were also surveyed). You will be asked to provide information for each assessment activity conducted.
- How many students were assessed? Enter a whole number.
- Provide a brief description of how the assessment was conducted. Include: who was involved in the administration of the assessment activity, who was assessed (description of the students) and what was assessed (student work or survey analysis).
- Optional: Include any instruments/rubrics/scoring guides. Upload as a .pdf, .xlsx, or .docx file.
- What percentage of students assessed met the criteria for this outcome? Enter a number expressed as percent.
- Briefly describe the analysis of the results of this assessment. Include how the results were compiled and analyzed, how the results were disseminated to faculty/other stakeholders, what discussions among the faculty occurred and what were the key findings.
- Based on the results, are there any recommendations, improvements or changes needed (programmatic, curricular, administrative, relative to learning outcomes, etc.)? If so, please include an expected action plan and timeline.
- If you would like to upload additional references or documentation, you may do so here. This is not required. Other documents may include assessment reports provided to discipline-specific accrediting agencies or other professional organizations.
If the assessment activity applies to multiple learning outcomes – after answering all of the questions above and uploading any supporting documents – scroll back up to the stated outcome in blue and click on the “+” symbol. This allows you to select other outcomes that your answers apply to.
*Note: Remember, you must complete all of the responses before selecting the additional outcomes.
After clicking on the “+” icon, a pop-up window will appear with the list of your program’s learning outcomes. Scroll and select all of the learning outcomes that were assessed using the same assessment activity. After selecting additional learning outcomes, scroll to the bottom of the window and click “Close.”
Select any of the learning outcomes to expand the questions. The copied text will appear.
Select “Continue Later” to save your responses if you are not ready to submit your report. When you have completed all of the sections and are ready to submit, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “I’m Finished, Submit” button (blue).
If you have any questions or encounter any technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
How to Access or Confirm Report Submission
To confirm that an assessment report has been submitted, please view the Assessment Report Status Tracker. This spreadsheet is updated every Tuesday.
To access incomplete reports that still need to be submitted or reports that have already been submitted, visit your HelioCampus AC Dashboard.
In the “My Forms” widget in your Dashboard, select the report form that you want to view and/or print by selecting the blue pencil.
Incomplete reports for the current reporting year can be found under “In Progress Forms.”
Completed reports for the current and previous reporting years can be found under “Completed Forms.”
You can also view previous assessment reports on your dashboard under “Report Dashboard.”
How to Print and Save Reports
To print and/or save a PDF file of your submitted reports, select the “Export” option and the appropriate drop-down.
AY 2021-22 Reports
Due December 2, 2022