The Student Learning Assessment Community of Practice (SLA-CoP) is open to all faculty, instructors and staff who engage in student learning assessment. Convened in fall 2018 and coordinated by the Office of the Provost Student Learning Assessment team, the SLA-CoP provides an informal forum for sharing ideas and experiences, exploring strategies and best practices, offering guidance and asking questions about all things student learning assessment.
The group meets monthly throughout the academic year, typically on the last Thursday of each month from noon-1pm in Union South.
The SLA-CoP uses an open mailing list to communicate with all members of the community.
If you are interested in joining the group, have questions or topic ideas and/or wish to be added to the WiscList, please email Regina Lowery at email@example.com or subscribe to the list by sending a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are suggested topics that the group may cover:
- Direct assessment of student learning
- Departmental challenges and assessment expectations
- Assessment results and implementing change
- Assessment reporting: to whom, why and when?
- Creating assessments (writing strong exams)
- Student feedback about their learning through course evaluations
- Policy sharing roundtable
[tribe_events_list limit=”3″ categories=”community of practice”]
Sr. Assessment Coordinator
Division for Teaching and Learning